Sunday, August 18, 2002

well, what do you know. i actually got to see "Singing in the Rain" tonight. Today, I managed to do all my numerous errands in much less time than anticipated, and then got to do some well deserved r&r.



woke up at 11, ate, slept till about 2pm. got a haircut, went to best buy to buy the "V - The Final Battle" DVD, got my car washed, bought a lottery ticket, and made a deposit to my checking account. Came home and finished the DVD I bought all 4-5 hours of it. Then Nguyen calls me up, wants to get boba and watch a DVD. So i go over to his place, passing an accident. All I thought I saw was a car with a flat tire, but there was a lot of glass on the ground. After I picked up Nguyen, we went to get boba and some burritos. And we pass by the accident again, and the accident was actually on the other side of the road. 2 of the cars were totally smashed. if i remember correctly, the front of the car was smashed so hard, the front of the car was higher than the original height of the car. there was the driver still in his car. didn't want to stare too close, but i don't think he had a shirt on (drunk driving perhaps?). i wasn't in the mood to see any real life pain, so i didn't look after i realized there was someone still in the car. one person was being wheeled on to an ambulance. hope they're all right. if they were driving drunk though, they deserve it. drunk drivers get no sympathy from me. and if they do harm or kill anyone on the road, they should get a sentence for 2nd degree murder. manslaughter is something they should reserve for non drunk idiots who mow people down.



so we went to get boba at Bobalicious. Then as we're heading to Sombreros, I come up to a light and for a second I was contemplating whether I should run it. Nguyen thought I was going to. But I knew better cause I knew there were too many cops in that street alone. I even tell him "nah, too many cops on this street." Then the lights turn green, I start driving like I always do (a little agressive to say the least), and a cop shines his reds and blues. It's the exact same street Jeff told me about. It's the street where Mira Mesa turns into a 35mph zone, and how he got pulled over for doing 70, and how I should really watch out. Anyways, I try to pull over, but I realize it's not the place to pull over, so i turn a corner, and it's still bad to pull over cause there's only one spot for a car, so i turn into this plaza. And this asian cop pulls over. He explains that he realizes that I didn't pull over immediately because I was trying to find a place for him to stop safely as well. And although that was good intentioned, i shouldn't be doing that because it gets their blood pumping, and they start to think if i'm gonna start running or not. anyways, he didn't even look up my info. he just asked for my license, and said be careful. I said thank you, and we were off. seemed like a nice guy. good thing I didn't run that light, or he would definitely have something to give me a ticket about. anyways, if he gave me that ticket, it would have been the 3rd time that i got a ticket for doing ~15mph over, at a road where the limit should be higher, on a non busy night.



so we get out burritos, get to nguyen's place, and watch singing in the rain. i took 4 movies with me. Amelie, Singing in the Rain, Rounders, and Prince of Egypt. All for good reasons too. I took Amelie with me because I think it's a film that everyone can enjoy and gain something from. Singing in the Rain because I wanted to see it earlier today. Rounders because I'm going to Vegas in a month, and I felt like soaking up some Vegas atmosphere. Prince of Egypt because I had some of the songs stuck in my head from this movie the last couple of days. I didn't really want to watch Amelie because I told tommy I was gonna watch that with him when he comes down to SD in 2 weeks. and nguyen wanted to watch a comedy, so we agreed on singing in the rain. we started watching it, and luckily Michelle came home before the story developed into a romantic comedy. i think nguyen got a kick of the tap dancing. i'm not sure if michelle liked the movie too much.



now i'm back home, and i feel totally gross about the food i ate. i don't remember eating this unhealthy in a while. i sure haven't had the feeling of all this excess food in my stomach in a long time. i think above everything, boba is the one that is making me feel nasty. if i had to make a guess, all the sugar in the boba caused an insulin rush in my body, which lead to my body stopping the burning of fat, and lowering how my body processes food at the moment. so it's just sitting there. damn boba. how can i stop? there is no substitute. and it's just one of the things you have to do when you're hanging out with asian friends. like playing pool. or smoking. since my friends don't smoke, or play pool on a regular basis, all we got is boba. damn. what to do. it is a riddle, a puzzle. its a question that's stumpted asian mathematicians and philosophers of the youth generation.



what is this shit about? Chargers, get the fuck out. I know this is the last year we're going to have them, but they should leave sooner. lazy ass football players. i see them at UCSD all the time. driving their golf carts from their rooms to the playing field. lazy bastards. what they need is a leader. i'm sure if Junior Seau was staying in the dorms and walking to practice, he'd set examples. But he's not even staying in the dorms so there goes that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment