Thursday, August 8, 2002

big boss man set our official work hours from 8:30 to 4:30. I think I'm gonna change it from 9 to 5 instead. That's still not bad considering we are allowed an hour for lunch and 2 15 minute breaks. Unfortunately, I eat at my desk, and don't take 30 minute breaks, but I think I will from now on.



I was gonna get in at 8:30 today....but damn, there was this mosquito from hell in my room....he bit me in 4-5 noticeable locations. Its sting was so fierce that I woke up from the pain. one place I got stung was my pointer finger, and it was so bad that it had puffed up last night. and i'm a little more paranoid than usual cause of that west nile virus that's going around. and one of them was rashes. so the mosquitos wake me up at 4:30 in the morning, and I'm just slapping my face whenever the mosquito flies by my ear. so i finally wake up, and find the damn thing on the wall, try to kill it but i miss, and i try to spray it with some windex and i miss, and i lose it...so i sit at my computer researching mosquito repellants, and watching the latest videos on cnn. was gonna research the west nile virus some more, but i decided i would be dumb to get freak out about it even more. it hasn't hit california yet. so i decide to turn on the halogen lamp in my room and turn it down really low, and that kept me sane from 5:30 till 7:30 this morning...then i do something stupid like turn off the alarm, and instead of hitting the bathroom, i lye in my bed for a few more winks....with the alarm off....i guess i wasn't thinking straight. so i make it late into work at 9:20. early enough for what i had to go through last night.



this just in:

scientists discover the hunger hormone



here are my personal opinions. As one might or might not have noticed, I've changed my eating habits pretty drastically this year. And some people might have also noticed that over the years my weight tends to fluctuate. The fluctuation in weight was because I always wanted to lose some weight, but never really knew the proper way to do it. Whenever I felt motivated enough, I would start a starvation diet and eat less fat and meats. Knowing what I know now, my plan of attack was totally wrong. It caused my metabolism to be shot down, and my most of my consumption would be carbs. This explains why I might drop in weight, then balloon back up after a few months. Having said that, I don't think this discovery will make much of a difference. Just because you feel less hungry or eat less doesn't mean a thing. It might help the extremely fat people might eat less, but they aren't making any diet changes that will help them live any longer. They'll probably die sooner because they think they can eat foods more rich in fat just because they'll be eating less of it. On the outside, they might slim down, but on the inside, the arteries will be more clogged than ever. It's not like the stomach stapling which might help your metabolism because it promotes you to eat less more frequently. With this new suppression of the hunger hormone they'll be eating less, so their metabolism will even be lower than what it is now. So the fat that they have accumulated will not go anywhere because the drug will not make any life changes for them like what they eat and how active they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment