Tuesday, August 20, 2002

I’m sitting here with a 30in waist (last time I had a 30 inch waist was in early Jr high), and more in shape than I have ever been in my life, and I’m still a year or two away of where I want to ultimately be. There is quite a bit of disappointment every time I feel my flab, especially when I’m slouching. A horrible image I hope no one ever has to see. And it makes me wonder, are my ultimate goals even possible? But these thoughts are just momentary.



I’ve been exercising consistently for 5 months now, and oh boy have I seen some fantastic results. I cannot imagine what my body was like 5 months ago. Unpleasant to say the least. It is frustrating, and exciting at the same time knowing that I have so much more results that I am going to see in the future, slowly but surely. Seeing myself in the mirror is a mixture of excitement and disappointment. Very excited to see how much progress I’ve made, and how great I look compared to when I started, but disappointed that I have so much more to lose and gain.



But as for the question of it being possible, this is a ridiculous question. Anyone can have a body of their dreams. Anyone. It’s more a test of patience and dedication than how much weight you can lift or how great you look. The guy who has inspired me to work out used to have a gut, and now has a six pack after working out for 2 years. I’m telling myself to continue to do what I’m doing and it will eventually come. And when I have reached my goals, I will have something that I’m truly proud of, and be happy about. Unlike a college degree for me. I’ve basically cruised by college doing the very minimum possible to graduate and get my BS. It was a lot of work, sweat, and tears, but I did hop through a lot of it. But working out is different. I can’t cruise by this and do the minimum I need to accomplish my goals. And you won’t have to even tell people what you did. They’ll be able to see it. 2 years might seem like an eternity, but if you look at it from a different perspective, it is a bargain. 2 years for something you can’t buy no matter how much money you had? I was walking in the garage today and saw a really fat out of shape guy working on his nice corvette. I’m not a big fan of the corvette, but it got me askin’, “what would I rather have? My dream car (Ferrari 360 modena) and be horribly out of shape, or drive my current car and be in great shape?” immediately the answer was that I’d rather have the body than the car. So it is that valuable. So for me, if 2 years is what it takes, it is a bargain of the century.



No comments:

Post a Comment