Thursday, May 2, 2002

yesterday i bought 100 more lbs of weight for my bench. A grand total of 200lbs i can put on the straight bar. not that i could bench it. yet. ;) i really need a spotter when i'm doing bench presses...can't get an effective workout for my pecs if i don't have one. on those days where raymond can't spot me, i might just go back down to the small gym we have here and use the machines....and the bench i got looks cool, but is horribly designed....flawed..whatever. damn. still could do exercises, but not too well. i could have gotten another bench for 15 cheaper but so much better...but would have been 2 foot wider...but we would have had room for it. oh well, i'm trying to adjust my work outs for my bench. i do like working out with freeweights though. feels like i get a much better workout. muscles feel a little more stiff...which is a good thing cause when you don't feel nuthin after 3 sets, it means you totally blew it. : )



i got my performance evaluation at work today. did great on some, but lotta room for improvement on others. surprised they don't rate you coming in late, or excessive out-of-office-ness. but if they had that, half the people at the university would fail those. : )



i realized i should focus on my career more. my job isn't just a job where i do stuff and they pay me. it is a part of my life, and one of the things i have to have to have a successful life is to have a successful carreer. no one explains or tells you that. you just have to figure it out for yourself. i have 2 jobs now.....my job at UCSD and a on call computer consultant. maybe like how moving off campus made me got me perfect attendence at school, having 2 jobs will make me prioritize things more and make me a better worker for my first job. couple that with conscious effort to focus more on my career, i should have some success at the very least.



i've been playing ddr konamix the last 2 days. it is pretty good. i'm sure, like a good cd, the more i play it, the more i'll enjoy it. i think ddr usa was a very good mix, and ddr disney was a mediocre one, but cost the most.



whatever i try to do i can't seem to go to sleep before 2 and get to work on time....even though i could easily do it....i get up jmore than 2 hours before i have to be at work everyday....still can't seem to make it on time. what is wrong? i'll aim to have lights out by....12:45 today...don't have to be sleepin....just lights out, and in bed by 12:45.



i guess today is ramble on day. i don't think ddr works out my cardio as good as the bike. i think i'll have to save energy for the bike...and can't replace biking with ddr. maybe since tomorrow is a rest day i'll just do bike in the morning so i can just do ddr when i get home. enough rambling for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment