Thursday, May 9, 2002

oh man...i totally bombed on my cardio today....well maybe not entirely. it was my mistake of playing intense DDR for an hour, then trying to bike right after. totally cramped up in 10 minutes on the bike....yikes. probably the pho and the sodium in it had something to do with it too. tomorrow, i'm eating 2 bananas. i'm also making a rule of no ddr less than 2 hours before biking. gonna do warm up with level 3 and 4 for six minutes, and plateau on 5 for 12 minutes, and cool down with 4, 3 for six minutes tomorrow. i know i can do it. today, i just made a boo boo.



i went to look for protein shakes and protein cereal today. travis told me that there is a protein cereal at vons. i looked at the cereal and health food isles. couldn't find it. he also told me about this place called nutri sport. i went in there to get a meal replacement protein shake....and as i was checking out with the Met-Rx protein shake, he suggested this Glutapro stuff (meal supplement). It has 5g of L-Glutamine per serving along with the protein. So I got that stuff instead. I've been reading up on L-Glutamine and it looks like good safe stuff. And it actually tastes pretty damn good. I think I'll stick with it.



I've also been reading up on Creatine. But I don't think I can benefit much from that right now until I have more mass. Maybe by summer, I'll try that stuff. To read up on L-Glutamine: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/faq/faq6.htm



To read up on Creatine: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/faq/faq1.htm



Creatine looks like stuff that might be a little bit more dangerous to use carefree. I learned my lesson of reading labels and suggested doses. Exactly about a year ago, I was doubling up on Centrum....I think I took 2 Centrums a day for 2 weeks, and I'm pretty sure I got iron poisoning. I thought I had mono. But it was more like iron poisoning doing damage to my liver. I'm glad that didn't kill me. : ) Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger. So life lesson #33445. Don't OD on vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment