Tuesday, July 15, 2003

i have been using the Matrox G450 for quite a while. It's proven to be the best $95 I've spent so far when it comes to computer parts. Thepicture has always proven to be amazing. Its as amazing today as the day I first saw it. And after I got injured about 4 months ago, I found out that this card came with a top notch zoom in capability. But one feature has always has been a thorn at my side. The TV out was always zoomed in about 10%, so I would lose about 5% of the video on each of the 4 sides (top,bottom,left,right). but today, I found this thing called DivxG400 filter which will compensate the zoomed in video. So when I enabled the compensate for overscan, all my video now displays correctly. Other than that this card is not 3D capable (it was never designed for it), I still think this card is truly a gem. I'll always have to have one of these cards in my computers (there is a limited release of a pci version so i might get that if i ever want 3d card in my agp slot instead).



i also just found out a few days ago that TV out is much better at 16 bit color mode. the video out now feels more like 60 fps compared to the 12fps that I was getting in 24bit color. this fixes the audio popping problem as well.



other exciting news is that i'm getting my bed delivered on Friday. which was quite a shocker. About 3 and a half days after my order was processed, much better than the (within 3 weeks) they quoted me. Can't wait. I've been trying to compensate for the worn out springs on my bed with a small pillow...its been somewhat effective, but it's not all that great. hopefully this bed will be as good as I expect it to be.



I'll also be quoting lines from the few movies that I'm watching as the days pass. Feel free to take a guess if you wish.



"Soon they'll be breeding us like cattle! You've got to warn everyone and tell them! _______ _____ is made of people! You've got to tell them! _______ _____ is people!"

No comments:

Post a Comment