Thursday, July 10, 2008

My road back to fitness

I've gained more than a few lbs of body fat over the last few months. It could be that I've lost that constant track of my metabolism and my willingness to always keep it high. It could also be my new appreciation for French cooking techniques and the agreement that just about every dish (except korean) can be improved with a little bit (or a lot of butter). It could also be that I've been baking for amusement. And when there is a lot of flour, there usually is a lot of (yes once again) butter and sugar. And I've gone back to averaging eating about twice a day. That is never a good thing. And I no longer try to eat in the zone (40-30-30).

Probably the worst thing of all, I've only averaged going to the gym a few times a month for for almost this entire year. That might sound fine to a person that doesn't go at all, but when your office chair is about 6 and a half steps from your bed, it also means that the most physical activity is the walks to the kitchen.

Stan wants to encourage me to get back in the rhythm for the benefit of my overall health. We made a small bet that I would go to the gym three times a week for the next 6 months. With an added condition that during those 6 months, I can take 4 weeks off. So I plan on working out for 4 weeks. Taking one week off. Then work out for another 5 weeks. Take 1 week off. Then work out for 6 weeks and take a week off. Then work out for another 6 weeks and take a week off. Thats roughly the schedule. Should be easy, and at the end of 6 weeks I'm sure I'll be back to my normal shape. Right now I feel like tub of fat. I've created another blog just to keep track of the status for my amusement. Mike's Workout Blog feeds will be one of the items on the side of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment