Friday, March 21, 2008

The Simpsons...I'm over it.

I think its been 2-3 years now that I have not followed the Simpsons. Not sure what the change was but I find that I really don't get too much out of it, not even entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I've been a loyal fan. I probably have seen every episode until season 14, maybe more.

If I had to take a stab at it, the difference has been the lack of rawness of the episodes. The new episodes are based on situations, not about the characters. I like that homer is ape-like and handles things in a testosterone-driven fashion. I like the fragileness and innocense of Lisa, and Bart's fresh look on new experiences from a mind of a child. But the focus is no longer on that. Its about situations, and the characters have evolved...maybe even matured a little. They are a little wiser...which may be good when they are real people, but does no good for cartoons.

I don't think its because I've changed. I still enjoy the good South Park episodes (there are some, this week was definitely crap) and I more than look forward to the future releoase of new Futurama episodes/movies. I almost have it marked on my calendar.

Family Guy, I think I've actually grown out of that one. In a different way. I've just grown to dislike the characters. Took about 5 seasons. But still funnier than the new Simpsons episodes.

1 comment:

  1. Simpsons jumped the shark years ago. It's just sad to watch, now.

    ReplyDelete