Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Am Legend

I thought this movie was really good. Had just the right recipe for me. I admit that I have a bias towards zombie movies. I've enjoyed the Night of the Living Dead series, 28 Days Later series, Dawn of the Dead Series, Shawn of the Dead, etc. There is something magnetic about a zombie that you can beat, shoot, and mame to a pulp, and they'll keep coming at you so they can have a little taste of your brain. I guess I enjoy the persistance of the zombies with the added escape-when-you-feel-like-it crawling pace that they come at you with. There's no wonder there is a list of zombie movies on wikipedia for people who just can't seem to get enough.

There are 2 problems I had with the movie I am Legend. Will Smith is supposed to be playing this character who is allegedly pretty smart and clever in many ways. But, when he finds a potential cure, he injects it immediately into the zombie, and 10 seconds later, he comes to the conclusion that the cure didn't work. Now, it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to know that you gotta give anything you inject into the body more than 10 seconds to react. Its not like he was shooting morphine. He was trying to kill a virus.

Another problem I had was when the zombies came to his house at the end. It looks like he had rigged up bombs to blow up the perimeter of his house, and his house itself ultimately if the zombies were ever to get to him. Wouldn't UV lights be more effective? This way he wouldn't have to blow up his house, and himself.... Hmmmmmmmmmm... Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment