Sunday, September 15, 2002

ok, what is this bullshit. on the apple website, one of the ads right on their opening page is:



"I couldn't do video.

I couldn't do audio.

I couldn't do anything on my PC."

-Andy Skowronski

Policeman



And it has some sappy blood shot tired looking police man on there, characteristic of the FDNY firemen that we've all become so fond of after the 9/11 attacks. Well, it's nice to know that people out there to protect us are challenged to where they can only accomplish tasks by using a one button mouse. But what else are they trying to imply here? Might as well have a FDNY guy say something like,

"I saved people from the WTC.

Don't use Windows, use Jaguar."



Man, where do I begin? For some reason or another, my office at work have become infested with macs. Yes, they are pleasing to look at, and the operating system is nice looking, has features. But I think die hard OG apple fans are in denial. They are denying the fact that the operating system has become really unreliable. It seems that more than half of our machines at work need to be rebooted on a daily basis. You confront them, and they have the balls to say, "oh my mac never crashes." and i'm like going, "what the !@#$ are you talking about??" yeah, they sit behind me, and i can hear when they start complaning about one of their program crashing, and they end up restarting their machines.



Jaguar this, Jaguar that? You know what, from what I've heard, Jagwire sucks. It fixes old problems and add new ones. The best review I've heard from real world people were, "yeah, it's a big improvement." you know, that's not saying much. baiscally, it's just a big patch.



And what's even more ridiculous is that there are only about a handful of different configurations of Mac's out there and they still can't get it right (compared to the billions of configurations that people have with PC's). so, really, what Windows 2000/XP has accomplished by becoming stable is to prove the impossible. Even with a billion things that can go wrong with mixing and matching of hardware, it can still be stable. But Mac can't get it's operating system stable designed for its own hardware.



I got another one for apple.



"I bought an Apple because it was nice

and shiny, then I found out I couldn't

play any of the games that my friends

play on their PC's. Thank you mom

for a really fancy $1700 word

processor/Internet appliance."

No comments:

Post a Comment