Friday, September 27, 2002

does this movie really exist?



I saw Koyaanisqatsi today. It's a film you'd want to see for so many reasons. It's a film you can't put into words. It inspires you. It makes you think a mile a minute. It shows you places that you've been to. It shows you places where you want to go. Not for just the scenery, but for the people, experience, and the atmosphere. And it shows you places you've never been to, but makes you feel like you've just gone. And it can even put you to sleep. It makes you rethink what is really black and white. And some things can be both or neither. Like any work of art, everyone will interpret it differently. But if you're looking for an action flic, comedy, or anything with a story and and ending, I guarentee you'll be out cold in 15 minutes. This is a movie you probably want to see alone, and experience it in its purist form, and not wonder if you're boring your friend or partner. if you are planning to watch it with someone, see it only with someone that is as open minded about experiencing something diffenent for the night.



One of the writers of Koyaaniqatsi is Ron Fricke, who also did Chronos, which is a mini much shorter qatsi type of films. I thought Chronos was really good too. And it was included in my Ultimate DVD Silver that I got for free when I bought my DVD player.



I've been working out at rimac after hours. I've been getting there at around 6pm, and it's not too bad. I find that getting there is a bit harder without going with my usual group. If at all possible, I'll have to try to go together as a group again so it makes it easier for me and them to just get there. Even though things like this shouldn't matter when it is such a regular part of my routine, doing what got me there in the first place is more important than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment