Tuesday, May 4, 2004

my parakeet flew away about 2 weeks ago. i stopped clipping its wings so that it had the freedom to fly around. but it got really hot in my room, so i left the balcony screen door open to let more air in, and i took the bird out so it can fly around as usual, and it made a circle, and then flew right outside my balcony. i lost sight of it after that. at least it knows how to fly with more precision now than it was when i got him, and its wings are long enough for a good flight. i can't really say i'm sure he'll be alright but from the day i got him, that bird was not meant to be a pet. he never really was social with people. it just wanted to stay still in the cage, bringing the least amount of attention to himself so that people would leave him alone. i got a new bird this week. a cockatiel. this bird and my last parakeet are polar opposites. while my parakeet tried to bring the least amount of attentiontion to itself so people would leave it alone, this one wants constant attention. just having people around him brings him comfort. i bought a very large rectangular cage, perch platform for outside the cage, and a toy set. they recommended that only half of his diet are seeds. the other should be wet foods like pasta, and fresh vegetables. so i bought him some 3 corn pasta, corn flakes, unsalted sunflower seeds, broccoli and carrots, and unsalted mixed nuts. this time, i didn't choose the best looking bird out of the cage. i went to a place that specialized in hand raised birds, and tried to pick each one up, and see the mannerisms and personalities. i have to say it was a good pick.



poker...didn't do too well last week. just got awful cards for the whole tourney at stan's place. i went to a poker tournament at viejas the next morning. i was holding K 10. i raised 300. another guy raised it to 600, so i called. i put him on AJ, or QJ. the flop was 3 5 5. he raised 1000, and thinking he was trying to buy out the pot, i called hoping to get lucky on the turn. the turn was a 10. So now I'm holding top pair with a King kicker. he calls all in, and I have to call. he turns over AA. doh. that ended the tournament for me.



i've been reading some poker books. i'm a very slow reader, so I'm still trying to get through my first book Caro's book of Poker Tells. Then I'll probably read Poker Theory, Super System, Winning Low Limit Poker, and Hold Em Poker for Advanced Players.



i went to see my bro and my family last week for my brother's birthday. we met at starbucks in irvine, went to costco, then to the irvine spectrum. walked around for a bit, then met the parents and went to go eat at U & I sushi. i don't really like muscles, but how they prepared them, they were da bomb. i've had better rolls at sushi deli here, but the nigiri was good.



i was browsing through classmates.com, and it looks like its more than just high school and college now. you can now put your elementary, jr high, even kindergarden in there. so i put my elementary school in there, and to my surprise i found the girl i had my first crush on in my elementary school list. she also went to my jr high for the first year, but tranfserred i think during the first year, or maybe before the 8th grade. and it was a shocker to find out that she went to UCSD the same years I was there from 1996 to 2001. what a small world. i wonder if i ever ran into her. i probably wouldn't have recognized her. but i always wondered where she ended up....

No comments:

Post a Comment