Wednesday, February 11, 2004

I had a lot of fun cooking yesterday.



I prepared 5 dishes. It took me about 1.5 hours of total cooking and preparation.



1st dish: Kimchi Chiggae

This dish is usually made with pork, but since I never buy pork, I used the fatty parts of the top sirloin. I first seared the fatty side of the meats to release some oils into the pan. Then I put some over ripe kimchi and sauteed it. After that I poured water, soy sauce, cayenne pepper, and tabasco sauce into it. tabasco might be a weird ingredient, but it goes well. it's sour and spicey. Then I cut the meat into small pieces and put it into the soup. Then I stewed it until the kimchi got soft and less tangy. I had to refill it with water when the soup had boiled off. A long cooking time is important for a thicker broth, and more tender meats. I didn't have any tofu. Even though that would have been excellent to put in there.



2nd dish: chicken nuggets

I first seasoned the chicken tenderloin square pices in some balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, cayenne pepper. I realized I had no flower, so I used cornstarch instead for the first coat. then put it in a egg wash. then I put it in some seasoned bread crumbs. fryed it up in some light olive oil in high heat.



3rd dish: minced chicken wrapped in beef

i first minced the chicken. mixed it with some old bay, kosher salt, and onion powder. Then I had thin strips of beef seasoned in soy sauce, black pepper, sugar, honey, rosted seasame seeds, seasame oil, and minced garlic. wrapped the chicken with the strips of beef. seared the outside in some light olive oil. then put it in the oven at 325 until the chicken was fully cooked inside.



4th dish: beef with diced red onions in korean bbq marinade

with the same marinade I used to marinate the strips of beef, I tossed in some cubes of meat. stir fried it with some diced onions until the meat was medium rare and the onions were caramelized.



5th dish: chicken and julianned red onions in basamic vinegarette

with the same marinade I used to marinate the chicken nuggets, I tossed in pieces of chicken tenderloins, with some julianned onions. stir fried it in extra virgin olive oil until the chicken was fully cooked. i tried to not caramelize the onions and leave it crispy.



Only disaster for the night was that I roasted some seasame seeds, and the cup that I had put that on, fell on the kitchen floor, and it wasn't a simple clean up job.

No comments:

Post a Comment