Tuesday, March 25, 2003

went to see a sports medicine doctor today. and he verified that it was a herniated disc. the good news is, that i don't have any numbness in my toes and the back problems are gone, so it's not severe and won't need surgery. still, he said i should expect about 3 months of recovery time. i'll play it by ear, and just take it easy and minimize the compression in my spine. until everything feels alright, i'll have to stay away from the gym. i'll play it by ear. until then, i'll have to change my physical focus from getting fit and body building to just doing everything possible to help my back get better sooner. and i'll have to adjust my calorie intake to adjust for the low activity level while trying to keep my metabolism at a good rate.



yesterday was a good day for standing and walking around. today, i can't seem to walk, but sitting seems a lot more comfortable. damn, i can't plan my days ahead because i don't know what i'll be capable of.



is it just me or has it been a really bad month for a lot of big things? i have a really bad injury. a coworker's brother is suffering from mysterious seizures. and my friend's pet bird of 5 years just died yesteray. and someone mentioned to me that all these bad things were happening to people around them. it might just be a freak coincidence, but watch out people. don't take anything for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment