Tuesday, March 18, 2003

the last 2 nights of sleep have been the worst by far. there is heavy pain running down the side of my leg at all times. even lying in bed. so i woke up at 3:30am and felt like i had a major kink in my leg...so for about an hour, i tried to unkink it by using some creative unorthodox methods....which included wrapping my ankle in a towel and jamming it in the opening so i can push off with the other leg. with all this craziness, i realized today that the pain in my lower back is pretty much all gone, but the discomfort has just moved to my right pelvic area and all down the right side of my leg. so it has been more uncomfortable to even walk, sit, or lye down. yet at the same time, i do feel like i'm getting better. i'm not sure if its the medicine talking but i think the abrasive pain at the whole right side of my leg will be under control and it looks like there's a good chance i'll make it tomorrow.



today, my dad came by. he was wondering what i've been eating...so i showed him my stack of protein bars and he freaked. so he wanted to get me some real food. about 40 minutes later, after having gone to vons on the other side of my block, he returns empty handed and says there is absolutely nothing to eat there. if i wasn't so much in discomfort i would have busted out laughing. this is coming from a man who has eaten non asian food maybe twice in his life. once at a vegas buffet. and once at a hometown buffet. other than that, he's never had non asian food. and really, in his eyes, i could see why he would return empty handed after spending 40 minutes at a non asian market. so he dragged me to zion market in balboa. and basically wouldn't take no for an answer when he kept asking me what if i wanted something off the shelf at the korean market. so he bought me a whole mess of food. lots of korean already seasoned korean bbq meats, soups, and other food items. its really hard to pick non starchy food items at the korean market, so i did my best to stay away from noodles, and fried battered items. he also gave me a cocktail of medicine that his acupunturiust in torrance perscribed for me. funny looking pills. i hope my dad didn't blow $60 on a week supply of sugar pills. i also realized that i wasn't treally being a good son when he was trying to help in his own way. he's not really good with expressing concern, so he does it by getting mad. and that tickes me off. so i took a step back and tried to be less confrontational and just tried to make the best out of his recommendations on unorthodox back pain relief and dietary recommendations.



i also feel really guilty about not being able to work. i know a lot of work has to be done, but what can i do when i couldn't even sit for long periods of time? well, still feel guilty. and hopefully i'll make it into work tomorrow.



i have been putting off a lot of stuff because i can't really get to them. i have the biggest pile of laundry i have ever collected in my life. and another one is...i need a friggin hair cut bad. tomorrow, when if i show up to work, i'll might be wearing some raggedy clothes looking like one of the beetles.

No comments:

Post a Comment