Thursday, May 1, 2003

i sing the body anabolic



so i called to schedule my appointment at the pain clinic to get a shot of steroids to help me deal with the inflammation which causes a lot of the pain and discomfort. so the earliest appointment is in may 30. exactly 30 days from now. what's the big freakin' hold up? can't i just go there, roll down my windows, stick out my arm, roll up my sleeve, and then take care of business?



well, if i need to go with surgery, it is definitely not something i need to worry about. the procedure today is very simple. small straight incision. then then suck the disc in place, and put a bandaid over it. there's a team of surgens and all they do is suck discs all day. a team of disc suckers. i wonder how many times they heard that one. anyway, the operation will take minutes of my time. out the same day. and if there is no inflammation at the time, then i should be back to business the same day. no rods necessary. but what got me was that the doctor said that he personally would wait 3-6 months before doing the operation on himself. so i guess that says something. there can always be complications. i don't have any plans on scheduling the operation at this time.



today is my brother's birthday. Happy Birthday John! he turns 21. now all my immediate family members are 21 and over. time for a vegas trip? :) and my cousin's birthday also. she turns 22, and is getting married on saturday. unfortunately because of my injury i won't be able to attend. not that we are close relatives, but when a marriage happens, that's when the relatives need to come together.



ever think of what you might want as your last meal if you were to be executed at mid night? being the health nut that i am, i'm surprised that the top choices are all the foods that i consciously avoid, like fried chicken, or something in high saturated fat, or rich in simple carbohydrates. in the end, its not like i've learned to enjoy the healthier foods over foods i have always loved. its just that health is higher in priority than indulging on food. here is what my last meal would look like:

KFC - Extra Crispy

McDonald's Fries

Krispy Kreme Donuts - Original

Inn & Out - Double Double with Onions

Filet Mignon - Prime - medium rare

Prime Rib - Prime - medium rare/rare

sushi - various kinds



if I can finish all that, I would also have:

Fried calamari

thai drunken noodles

Shrimp cocktail

Lobster

teriyaki chicken

CPK - BBQ Chicken Pizza

CPK - Chicken Tequila Pasta

seafood/clam linguini with white sauce.



and for desert, i would have deep fried ice cream with some knd of a glaze...and maybe a chocolate chip cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment