Tuesday, February 4, 2003

just came back from watching catch me if you can with diem. it was a good movie. but what really did it for me was that it was based on a true story. and what makes it extra special is that through all that, they became friends at the end. watching that movie reminded me of the abandonment issues i had as i was growing up. i would have nightmares about waking up to an empty apartment and all that would be left would be mounds of food that would rot eventually, and a note saying how us 3 kids should fend for ourselves. because at the time of these nightmares, my dad was establishing something in the US, while my mom took care of the kids in korea. the interesting thing is unlike people with abandonment issues, mine seems to have pretty much disappeared once my parents were reunited after a long story that i will maybe tell one day. even sometimes i sometimes forget that i had a step mother for 6 years. i always thought she was the evil in the family as my dad made her out to be. with her in the picture we were a very disfunctinal family. but what i should be doing is giving endless thanks to her for reuniting my family. maybe even against her will. i may never know the truth, but she got the short end of the deal. i really hope she's doing well. the last i heard from her was about 10 years ago when she moved to vegas to be closer to her biological son she had with her first husband. some white guy.



anyway, when i start cutting up maybe in april, i'm going to try 2 different diets....one after another. i'll first do the zone diet, then i'll do the atkins diet and see what works better for me. i have built my my discipline in the last year to where this is possible. i also am pretty set about taking a CPR class next quarter on top of another class i'll probably take that'll have to do with body building, body sculpting, weight training, or core building. i'll take the CPR class to become CPR certified. and that means i'll be one step closer to becoming a certified personal trainer. i'll first become ACE certified. then after 2 years in the field, i'll become ACSM certified. i'll be looking to do some part time work at 24 hour fitness. maybe i can even score me a free membership. :) since i really have a lot of interest in this stuff, studying this stuff is going to be probably way easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment