Tuesday, December 3, 2002

i think it's time to change up my workout routine. i'm only gonna work out 3x a week at a medium intensity for longer duration. i'm also gonna keep my heart rate elevated so that i'll be doing my cardio while i'm lifting. what i have been neglecting is my CNS recovery time......i think i am showing major signs of overtraining. i'm going to try this thing called hypertropy-specific training. basically you do a high number of reps and sets at medium intensity (6 sets, 10 reps) per musle group spread throughout the week. i'll be back on creatine starting next week. this week i'll be at the gym to test my limitations so i can design a workout that will begin next week.this will also free up my tuesdays and thursdays to do more things that i didn't have time to do during the week. this change up should be beneficial in many ways. from what i've been reading i should be able to increase my muscle mass significantly.



the mirror plays funny tricks. when i look in the mirror, i don't see myself as any different than what i saw a year ago before i started working out. it is bizzarre. but when i look at a picture of me (my bro took pics of me during thanksgiving), i would not even recognize myself. no exaggeration. yesterday, i think i saw one of my suitemates from freshman year. but i was only about 75% sure that it was him and if it was him it would be harder for him to recognize me, so i just kept walking.



i was surprised to find out that i had actually lost weight during the thanksgiving break. a shocker for me because i wasn't able to stay away from the snacks at all. i ate a few servings of chips, cookies, boba, potatoes, etc. an all out carb fest. i think my 2100 calorie diet was way too little for my activity level for the last 2 months. and i was going to boost it to 2800 calories a day....bu maybe that's not a great idea since i am going to spend less time at the gym.......its something i'll have to think about.



i should be getting my s230 tomorrow, and starting tomorrow, i will try to post a picture daily. raymond does that in the web tool/site he's developed called jusspress. if you can merge a blog in there, it would be perfect. i'll try to post an interesting pic daily or whenever possible.



True Urban Legend:

Sign up for a free ice cream cone, and you might get drafted. Wrong? Yes. Very wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment