Wednesday, October 16, 2002

i think i can figure out people pretty well. but one person i can't seem to figure out at all is my dad.



he's

65% homer simpson

20% homer the philosopher

15% pure insane



the percentages fluctuate over the years.



he always means well. not an ounce of selfishness when it comes to material posessions, but one of the most selfish people i know when it comes to what he wants for his children. he's never grown out of egocentric thinking that we are born with. my mom on the other hand is the direct opposite of my dad. good listener, never selfish, gives good advice, never overbaring, and realistic.



my dad's latest thing is dining tables. he's bought a whole bunch of them. we now have 8 in the apartment. 3 in the living room, one in the kitchen, 3 upstairs, and one in the storage room. the large 3 bedroom apartment that my parents live in suddenly became crowded overnight. his explanation was that once the children have our own place, he'll give each of us dining tables. i guess since there are only 4 different houses we can live in at a given time (me, my bro, my sis, and my parents), he expects each of us to take 2? my mom said at least he has a hobby and he enjoys what he does (for now, it is collecting dining tables. next time i go home, who knows, we might have 10+). we shouldn't try to take that little pleasure away from him because he does nothing for himself. she's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment