Monday, October 22, 2007

the time for hoping has passed

being just a few miles south west from mandatory evacuated areas, and seeing the forecasts for extreme dry wind conditions until thursday there is a very high probability that the fire will sweep through. if not today, the next 2 days. these fires don't destroy everything in its path. it seems like when the fires pass through, its just random chance that you'll get hit. looking around the house, there is as much or as little personal proprety i want to see. i say that because i'm not going to save the big items, mostly my furniture. they are definitely worth money, and will need to be replaced, but if i had to replace them, I wouldn't replace them with identical brands/models. even though I don't own much, its still at the very least going to be a few thousands of dollars lost that I don't have covered though insurance. its an interesting play on the mind because on a normal day, losing a $20 or a $100 bill would be a pretty awful day. but right now, I feel pretty content that if I were to lose everything i couldn't take with me, it wouldn't ruin my day. Its funny how the mind works.

No comments:

Post a Comment