Wednesday, April 2, 2003

well, the inflammation seems like it's getting better slowly. yesterday was definitely an improvement. for example, i would describe my symtoms as heavy discomfort, and not use the word pain, agony, or excruciating to describe it. i hope its not cause i'm just used to the pain now. the doctor finally called back today (i guess he wasn't in friday or monday). and he got me a new prescription. NAPROXEN (aka NAPROSYN) 500mg to be taken twice a day. wendy was gracious enough to pick it up for me and bring it by. i only have taken it once so far, but i think it definitely works better than 800mg ibuprofen taken 3 times a day. i had been taken the ibuprofen with Flexeril (aka Cyclobenzaprine) 10mg...a muscle relaxant that helps me deal with muscle spasm's while i sleep. but i'm going to guess i shouldn't take that with the Naproxen because that also makes me drowsy. I don't want to accidentally go to sleep and never wake up again. Especially my roommate being gone for a week, that just won't be pretty. Even though I no longer have pain, just discomfort, i have to keep contorting my spine in some weird position. still can't walk much at all....and even if the inflamation is gone, my back is really contorted. i have to get it straighted out now by a chiropractor. i'll probably get the adjustment on friday.



so yesterday, my dad stopped by with a whole mess of korean food. basically consisted of cold noodles, korean bbq seasoned meat, pot stickers, and soup. i told him no pot stickers, but he still broght me a motherload. so if anyone wants to feast on pot stickers next time you're over, let me know. i'll start defrosting them. my dad also brought me these 3 ointment rubs...kinda like bengay....except made in mexico of all places. his acupuncturist gave him those, and he said they're good, and they can't sell those here....so i'm guessing they got some gnarly ingredients. coca extract perhaps? haha....ok...just did some research. the magical ingredient is arnica. bunch of warnings from people in discussion groups on not using arnica on open wounds, and definitely no eating.....i wasn't planning to eat the ointment but i guess i should definitely wash my hands thoroughly after application. arnica is toxic if eaten. come to think of it, i applied some of this arnica ointment, and took an induced nap yesterday (or maybe even passed out), and woke up with super dry hands....hmmm....gotta be careful.



its surprising it has been 3 weeks since i got the herniated disc. good thing time passes by faster as you get older. i think what has helped a lot are the tv shows that keeps me distracted. i'm all caught up on csi and csi miami. i'm 1/4 of the way done with watching all the sopranos that i downloaded. and i just finished downloading all the Alias epsidoes today. after that, i'm going to download all the seinfeld episodes. hopefully i won't still be stuck in bed before i get to all of those shows. another thing that's really helped me deal with the back injury is that just about everyone has been going out of their way to help me out and keep me company in a difficult time. i'm really thankful that i'm surrounded by such great friends. its true that i would be doing the same thing if one of my friends were injured. but it is because i've been molded into who i am today by all the kind hearted souls that i'm blessed to have as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment